Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Fire

I got home from work on sunday (9/11) and found a fairly large brushfire burning about half a mile from my house. On Monday me and my sisters and one of my brothers went out to look at the damage and take pictures here are some to show the extent of the fire and I will be posting some to sell. It still smelled liked smoke out there and the ash was all weird and grainy. The fire started when a telephone tipped over and the wires sparked and the dry grass caught fire. The fire was close enough that we sent the kids over to a friends house and we were considering "evacuating" for lack of a better word because of how close it was and because the wind was ferocious and blowing the fire towards us. So here are the pics.










luckily the rain picked up and the firemen were amazing as always and got the fire under control and out. It was really interesting to have a huge fire burning near your house and not knowing if you'll have to leave or not while watching a memorial broadcast on 9/11. It made the broadcast way more moving to me. It's one of those things that you experience on a personal level. Even though it was a little bit frightening at the time I am glad that it happened because it made that night that much more likely to stand out in my memories and it provided me with some awesome pics which I will post right after this. :)

No comments: