Thursday, May 19, 2011

Lemons!!!!!

Most would recoil at the thought of eating lemon. Not me, or my sister Danika. Nope, we are adventurous. We take our taste buds where no other taste buds have gone before (except the other millions of people who eat lemons but well just forget about them). It all started with a science project and a decision to risk our lives and our sanity (actually it was just our tongues and faces being risked). Danika had that science project that I'm betting all of you have done at least once where you stick two wires into something acidic, like a lemon, and then attach those wires to a light bulb. Does it work? Not usually but your still left with a delicious lemon that you can use for lemonade or you can be brave like us and eat that lemon. With a bowl of sugar of course. So we chopped that lemon into little pieces despite its begging at ate it while shrieking in pain from the sourness. We soon discovered that all our willpower had been lost and that lemons are strangely addicting. Maybe we long for our faces to slowly shrivel up in weird contortions, I might never know, either way the next day we ate another one and this time we tortured sage our one year old sister. Guess how she reacted.

Inserting lemon piece

Maybe I might like its overwhelming power

Still trying to figure out what the heck I'm eating

Alright that's it i knew you had poisoned me!

Removing lemon
Yeah I don't think so. After that she walked over to me, sat it in my hand and said "No thank you" and walked off.  I asked her later if she wanted another bite, she told me no and ran off. I guess I scarred her for life. Was there a lesson learned, not for us but for sage it was probably 'don't eat everything your sisters tell you to eat'.

And here is our Beautiful lemons!!! Yes you can in fact peel a lemon.

No comments: